Facts About Mold

So everyone if your family keeps getting sick and you don’t know why? It could be the air quality in your home, or maybe the mold that lays inside your hvac unit, refrigerators, vents or even inside your drywall. It is extremely important to know what mold is and where it comes from. In order to prevent or remove mold from your home, it is important to know where it comes from and how it enters.

Molds are microscopic organisms found everywhere from inside your home to outside your walls. It is a living organism but it not a plant or animal. It is actually a type of fungus which is part of living organisms which serve an important role in our environment. One of the most popular antibiotics known as penicillin is actually a type of mold. This popular medicines has saved millions of lives. Mold is formed by creatures living in the fungi kingdom. The mold lands on a favorable surface, turn into colonies and then find new favorable services in which to develop.

Moisture, warmth and food are the three conditions favorable for mold to begin its growth. Common places consist of bathrooms, basements and kitchens, yet can grow in other places if the conditions are right. The climate in which your home rests and your households living habits can also affect the mold growth. Areas that have had flooding or leakage in roofs, pipes, walls or even areas with plans are favorable. A warm, moist area can lead to mold growth in as little as 48 hours.

Mold is reproduced or spread by creating cells called spores. These spores are too small to detect with your naked eye. They are everywhere and we cannot avoid being exposed to them. They travel in the air and are attached to clothing, shoes, belongings and even your skin. They can also enter your home through open doors and windows, through your home’s hvac system or even on your pet. You cannot avoid these spores from entering your home, but regular cleaning and maintenance can prevent the molds from growing.

Be careful with mold because it an make you sick. It can cause allergic infections and toxic reactions. Most common alleges are nasal congestions, mucous irritation, sneezing and coughing and difficulty breathing. Though it is impossible to completely eliminate airborne mold, try reducing humidity, preventing leaks, regularly cleaning and limiting carpets and plants in your home.